20 Nov Traditional Cranberry Sauce
Nowadays we live in a world of constant hustle and bustle–Thanksgiving is no exception to this. We, here at LUX want to help make this Thanksgiving one you remember, while still making it simple enough that you can actually enjoy it for yourself (yes, it is possible to do both!) One Thanksgiving classic is cranberry sauce and our Executive Chef, Don Sanchez, wants to share his favorite quick and easy recipe with you.
Traditional Cranberry Sauce
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 1 orange (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cranberries, sugar, and water.
- Optional step: to give the recipe a little “zing”, you can add zest and a few slices of an orange.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries begin to pop and the sauce thickens, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a serving bowl and serve warm or at room temperature. Or let cool, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days, then serve cold.
We hope you will enjoy this cranberry sauce as much as we do. Happy Thanksgiving from our kitchen to yours!